sábado, 17 de noviembre de 2012

future job?


I don’t really know what kind of job I want to have; I think that this is because I don’t know very well if it’s the sociology is the career that I want to follow. But, exists some things that makes me have a “clue” that I want to do, or better, that I don’t want to do. 

It’s sad to remember the first day of classes when everybody said and thought that sociology could "change the world" and then, encounter with subjects with nothing to do with that wish. It's made you feel that changing the world was becoming more distant as more you sank in the academic world and university.

But not everything is so bad, I think that contribute to social change depends on each one of us, while we oriente the discipline to the real problems of our country and our people.

For this reason there are places where a sociologist may contribute to this change, such as foundations, NGOs and some organizations dependent on the State. But always taking into consideration and horizon the actual social problems: bad distribution of income, poverty, social segregation, education, health and housing, among other thousands of problems of our society.

When you choose a job I think there are important aspects to consider, such as: who you're working it, because is useless wanting to contribute to social change and work to the great economic and political groups that exploit and oppress our people .

To conclude, I have no idea that I would say in a job interview. That sort of thing cause me a bit of rejection. Especially when people have to "describe" themselves and talk about their thousands of "potential" and no weaknesses, WHAT A LIE.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario